Fall has seriously been the best in North Carolina! There are so many fun things to do, and there’s a nice chill in the air without being frigid so you truly can enjoy lots of outdoor activities. So, I’m sharing my highlights of things you must do this Fall while in North Carolina. Happy Fall!
Pumpkin Patch - Visit Hawks Pumpkin Patch to support local farmers. The people here are so friendly. And the prices are very reasonable and they take credit card, yay! It’s addorable, when you first walk up they have all of these complimentary radio flyer wagons you can use to gather your pumpkins. Lots of different kinds of pumpkins here, including those pretty cinderella pumpkins, and great spots for photo opps!
2. Apple Picking - Go Apple Picking at Apple Hill Orchard and Cider Mill! We found this huge Apple orchard about an hour from our house, with all different varieties of apples that is pet friendly, so of course we brought Archie. They have a cute country shop where you can also taste and purchase their fresh made cider!
3. Cozy Café - Curl up in a cozy, local café and read a good book over a hot cup of cocoa or pumpkin spice latte! I like this one because it’s usually pretty quiet and cozy.
4. Farmers Market - visit the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market right outside of High Point for the most gorrrgeous fresh flower bouquets made right in front of you. And they’re only $10 y’all! But be sure to bring cash or go to their atm because the ying garden floral vendor is the only vendor that doesn’t do card there yet. The flowers are worth it!
5. Picnic - Put together a girls day, Autumn themed picnic under a pretty Fall tree, like this! To keep within the Fall theme, layer a plaid tablecloth and burlap throw blanket as your picnic base. While at the pumpkin patch, grab a medium size one you can use to carve out hollow as a vase for some beautiful seasonal Flowers you scooped up at the Farmers Market!
6. Blue Ridge Parkway - Drive the iconic Blue Ridge Parkway. Visit here to check the Fall Foliage Forecast calendar. We did this early-mid October on a Saturday and had so much fun. Pro tip: Pack your lunch and at one of the lookout stops enjoy your packed lunch with the most gorgeous mountain views and crisp Autumn Air. Also be sure to check the temps and pack layers, as you climb higher in elevation, the temps drop as much as 10-20 degrees! We plan to go back late October to see more of the parkway and the colors should be better then too.
7. See theMums at Biltmore - This is on our list, but we haven’t quite made it yet. You can see photos of the Biltmore garden’s and Fall decor here.
8. Classic Dixie Fair - Have some fun being a kid again at the Classic Dixie Fair. I recommend going during the day or early evening and bringing little with you. It’s such a fun day date to switch up the routine a bit and indulge in some fair food!
9. Raffaldini Vineyards Winery - This winery is nestled in the mountains in Ronda North Carolina and the views are epic. Be sure to sit outside on the second story back porch for the best views of the foliage and enjoy one of their signature red wines in an Italian like stone castle.
10. Horseback Riding- You can go horseback riding in Tanglewood Park once the weather cools down, or schedule a private photo session with one at Dewberry Farms. This is Shaker- a beautiful Palomino breed of horse. He was such a sweetheart! Side note, you can also schedule a horse-drawn carriage ride throughout Tanglewood park to see the Fall foliage, and it’s on my to do list!
11. Host a Friendsgiving - Fall is a time to gather. So gather with your friends, have everyone bring a signature dish and enjoy the company. At the end of the day, that’s what it’s all about!
Hope this got you inspired to explore more of North Carolina and enjoy time outdoors during my favorite season…Fall!