He said let's get out of this town...In style with #Delsey Luggage
We seriously had the best time in Newport! We didn't want to come home. The weather was such a nice change from Florida. I highly recommend going in late August or early September, (We went Labor Day weekend) although I am sure it is quite a sight to see in Autumn with the leaves all changing. Our temps were in the high 60's with sunshine, and apparently we went the last weekend before things start slowing down because of school starting back up and weather drastically cooling down (therefore certain restaurant patios close down).
Can I just first say how much we loved traveling with our Delsey Luggage?!
1. Their luxe interiors, with specially designed pockets and compartments make packing so organized and easy. I love it because even after TSA handles my luggage, everything is still neat and tidy in place when I arrive--making it ultimately easy to find what I am looking for to dress in.
2. The hard shell also helps keep my breakables safe and clothes dry. Mark even traveled home with some valuable red wine in his luggage this trip and everything survived (thank God! Red wine in luggage is quite the risk).
3. I didn't even mention yet, the stylish, Parisian Chic exterior of my White Chatelet hard shell spinner, and the Masculine, durable, light-weight design of my husband's Black Bastille Lite expandable spinner. The nice thing about the exterior design besides the style, is there is a TSA approved lock built into the exterior of both, and mine comes with a brake lock (similar to that of one on a stroller or cart), so while traveling in busy airport shuttles or trains, the luggage will not roll away from me.
4. Delsey now makes, practical and stylish covers to protect the exterior when you travel (I know many of you were wondering how I keep mine so clean)! It's super easy to use. Currently, they are showing out of stock, so I've linked a similar one I have here for you. :)
I've partnered with DELSEY to extend to you 25% off your purchase of $50 or more, so you can whisk away to your dream vacay spot in style and practicality. Just use code WHOISVICTORIATAYLOR25 while shopping for your Delsey Luggage Here.
**Where to stay in Newport RI**
I highly recommend staying at the Chanler, for a truly unique and romantic experience. The rooms are all of periodic design, Including Renaissance (Where we stayed), Louis XVI room which is of french neoclassical design, Old World English Tudor style room, Georgian Estate room styled of the late 18th century, even a Gothic room, and more.
I chose our room (Renaissance) because it looked more Victorian to me than anything and I am a sucker for chandeliers, private balconies with ocean views, and fireplaces. This room was equipped with all, including three chandeliers, an old world Hollywood Glamour style vanity for getting ready, and an amazing jet tub. I have to say the neoclassical french designed Louis XVI room would have been pretty incredible though too. Needless to say we had a truly wonderful time here being whisked away into another time period. I'm not going to lie, I felt like a Queen or one of the Vanderbilts enjoying the amenities of this fabulous hotel property and accommodations for the weekend. And if you know your history, thats not a bad place to feel like you're in! Pretty much lived in a daydream all weekend!
**Top 3 things to do in Newport RI**
1. The MANSIONS!! OMG, these homes are absolutely incredible. The words I'm using don't even do them justice. It's just indescribable to see how these prominent families lived back in the day. We toured, in this order, The Marble house (Made of all stunning marble), Rosecliff (my personal fave-parts of The Great Gatsby were filmed here!!), and The Breakers (One of the many extravagant homes of the Vanderbilt Family). There are many others, however these are the top three and honestly after you tour three of them (opt for the self guided tour with headphones), it all starts to become a blur, because each is of similar periodic design, and so over-the-top spectacular. I was overly ambitious (per usual), and bought a pass to tour 5--we made it to 3. I recommend buying your tickets ahead of time by clicking here, as the lines (especially outside of the Breakers), can get quite long, and if you have tickets already, you by-pass that line.
2. The Cliff Walk!! This was my husbands favorite, and I can't lie, was a pretty amazing experience. If you visit around the time of year we did (early September), the weather is in the 60's and gorgeous, making this walk so serene and comfortable. Parts of it are paved and parts are treacherous rocks and dirt paths. For this reason, I recommend being in good health, and wearing the proper shoes. It stretches 3 and a half miles long and you will get to see some pretty amazing ocean views and the most STUNNING homes. There is a bathroom/rest stop a long the way which is nice. We chose to stop every now and then to take in the sights along the rocky roads that were more secluded and naturally beautiful.
3. Private Charter The Temma with Antique Yacht!! This was such a wonderful experience and a great way to take in the gorgeous views and sights that Newport has to offer. It's a whole other perspective getting to see everything from the water, as well as the beautiful sail boats all around us. Antique Yacht is affordable, costing us just under $300 for this almost 2 hour trip!! It's run by husband and wife Greg and Alana, who couldn't be nicer. They are so down to earth and flexible to cater to what you are looking for in a charter. You can stream music from your smartphone straight to the Temma, or sit back and relax to one of their playlists while they delight you with beautiful views and champagne! We chose to purchase our champagne (and Rosé) prior and brought it on board, however we did add the oyster plate and cheese plate to our adventure. It was truly relaxing and unforgettable. If you missed my instagram stories on this one, I pretty much thought I was living life like a movie that day! :) Visit their site here to book an unforgettable customized experience.
**Below, I am providing all outfit details from our adventurous weekend in Newport RI**
*Shop By clicking product Images Below*
CLIFF WALK ENSEMBLE
MANSION and PRIVATE CHARTER ENSEMBLE